Sunday, May 24, 2009

Billboard's Hot Hot Hot 100



The #1 Songs of Billboard's Hot 100 Based On Each Year of the 1970’s

 

1970 : Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon/Garfunkel

1971 : Joy To The World - Three Dog Night 

1972 : The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face - Roberta Flack 

1973 : Tie A Ribbon Around The Ole Oak Tree - Tony Orland/Dawn

1974 : The Way We Were - Barbara Streisand

1975 : Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain and Tennille

1976 : Silly Love Songs - Wings

1977 : Tonight’s The Night (Gonna Be Alright) - Rod Stewart

1978 : Shadow Dancing - Andy Gibb

1979 : My Sharona - The Knack


Although I was familiar with all of these artists and songs (excluding Roberta Flack) you could only find a fifth of these songs on my iTunes.  That would include "Bridge Over Troubled Water" by Simon and Garfunkel and "Silly Love Songs" by Wings.  I guess my favorite tunes from the 1970’s don’t exactly agree with Billboard's Hot 100, but then again my favorite songs from this day and age don’t either.  As one could guess, I don’t listen to much “popular music.”   


These statistics can be found at Billboard's Historical Charts of the Hot 100

Billboard Logo

2 comments:

  1. 1975: Elton John's Captain Fantastic and the Browndirt Cowboy becomes the first album to debut at number one on the Billboard album chart. His follow-up release, Rock of the Westies, also debuts at number one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bridge Over Troubled Waters is one of the most uplifting songs ever. It's been reproduced by countless artists and won Grammys for the original version.

    ReplyDelete